As an active and collaborative therapist, I provide a comfortable, safe, confidential and caring environment for psychotherapy. Blending warmth and compassion with insight and skill building, I seek to help individuals, couples and families navigate through their difficult times and emerge with renewed hope. Clients gain new skills and strategies to maximize strengths, overcome obstacles, and create positive and intentional patterns of growth. People finish therapy with improved skills to communicate more effectively and understand and resolve their transitional challenges and conflicts in constructive, compassionate and healthy ways.
My goal as a therapist is to help my clients lead more fulfilled, more empowered and more productive lives. History is not destiny.
About Judith Schulman-Miller
- Seasoned licensed individual, marriage and family therapist in private practice for 30 years.
- Teaches Couple and Family Therapy in the School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry at the University of Alabama, Birmingham since 1993
- Consultant in interpersonal and family dynamics to financial planning firms, attorneys, and businesses
- Conducts interpersonal skills training seminars and workshops nationally and regionally
- Provides executive and organizational coaching to businesses and non-profits.
- Certified clinical supervisor
- Received her graduate school education from Columbia University